The Best Carrie Bradshaw Quotes

The White Scarf

The Best Carrie Bradshaw Quotes



Sex And The City: The Best Carrie Bradshaw Quotes

Carrie Bradshaw is an iconic character in television history and the staple of HBO’s Sex and the City. From a fabulous closet of shoes to a headful of wisdom, Carrie is known to be a trendsetter. A modern day feminist, Carrie is a self-starter and a leader among her group of friends. She is old-fashioned when it comes to love, always hoping for the best, but will wait an eternity to find her soul mate (which she finds in Mr. Big whom she eventually marries), along with her core group of friends Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda. She fell in love with the glamour of New York City at a young age and never left. She is witty, idealistic, and truly bold and unique.

Quotes as said by Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City.

- "I've spent $40,000 on shoes and I have no place to live? I will literally be the old woman who lived in her shoes!"

- "I like my money where I can see it - hanging in my closet."

- "I couldn't understand a word she was saying, but I felt I had in my possession all the Italian I'd ever need to know: Dolce, Dolce, Dolce."

- "Oh my God! Do you know what these are? Manolo Blahnik Mary Janes! I thought these were an urban shoe myth!"

- "I will never be the woman with the perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

"I miss New York.Take me home."

- "When I first moved to New York and I was totally broke, sometimes I would buy Vogue instead of dinner. I felt it fed me more."

- "Beauty is fleeting, but a rent-controlled apartment overlooking the park is forever."

- "Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you’re pretty sexy and you’re taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with."

- "Women come to New York for the two L's: Labels and Love."

- "There’s one room that forces the question:How long do we want it to be just the two of us?"

- "Sometimes we need to stop analyzing the past, stop planning the future, stop figuring out precisely how we feel, stop deciding exactly what we want, and just see what happens."

- "I’m looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-each-other love."

- "I've done the merry go round I've been through the revolving door I feel like I met somebody I can stand still with for a minute and... don't you wanna stand still with me?"

- "I used to think those people who sat alone at Starbucks writing on their laptops were pretentious posers. Now I know: They are people who have recently moved in with someone."

- "They say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of style."

- "Life gives you lots of chances to screw up which means you have just as many chances to get it right."

- "There comes a point in every relationship when romance gives way to reality."

- "After all, seasons change, so do cities; people come into your life and people go. But it’s comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you’re very lucky, a plane ride away."

- "If two people have only one thought between them, something is very wrong."

- "Eventually all the pieces fall into place….until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason"

- "The world is made up of two girls, the simple girls and the Katie girls. I’m a Katie girl!"

- "There was no throw down! It was more like a slow down."

- "Me and you, just us two."

- "Have you ever been in love?"--Carrie .. Abso-fucking-lutely.”--Big

"You make me very happy."--Mr. Big .. "Yeah, yeah… put it in writing."--Carrie

"Ever thine. ever mine. ever ours."

- "I let the wedding get bigger than Big!"

"Did I ever really love Big or was I addicted to the pain, the exquisite pain, of wanting someone so unattainable?"

"Just get me a really big closet."

- "He's not my boyfriend. He's just somebody I'm trying on."

"You and I are so over we need a new word for it."

- "It wasn't logic, it was love."

- "I love you,but I can’t marry you to make you trust me."

- "Today I had a thought. What if I .. what if I had never met you?"

- "And then I realised something, twenty-something girls are just fabulous, until you see one with the man who broke your heart."
- "The fact is, sometimes it's really hard to walk in a single woman's shoes. That's why we need really special ones now and then to make the walk a little more fun."

- "Later that day I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous."

- "You and I are like that red wall. It's a good idea in theory, but somehow it doesn't quite work."

- "Oh, it's never different! It's six years of never being different! This is it! I am done! Don't call me ever again! Forget you know my number! In fact, forget you know my name! And you can drive up this street all you want - because I don't live here any more!"

- "Somewhere out there is another little freak who will love us and understand us and kiss our three heads and make it all better."

- "The universe may not always play fair, but at least it's got a hell of a sense of humour."

//-----//
thank you for being an inspiration.

Further Reading:
- Marie Claire.co.uk. "Sex and the City quotes that are still relevant today"
- The Celebrity Cafe.com. "Top 10 Carrie Bradshaw Quotes"
- Epicquotes.com. "15 Most Amazing Quotes by Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City!"
Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)